Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stinky on Stage


I used to do a lot of theater.  It wasn't uncommon for me to be in rehearsal for one show once I was performing another.  After I got married, it slowed a little, but once I was pregnant, it was a little bit harder to find roles  (C'mon, a pregnant nun in The Sound of Music would add a lot of depth, and you know it).  After Stinky was born, I played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.  That was a little more than four years ago.

I've missed performing, so on my 30 before 30 list was to get back on stage.  This time, though, I get a bonus:  Stinky will be with me.   I hoped that we would get this chance, and heaven knows this kid loves attention.  We're in rehearsals for a production at church to be performed just before Thanksgiving, and I'm really grateful he and I get to have this opportunity.    I got a little emotional at rehearsal tonight, thinking about it and hearing the director's plans for the kid's chorus.  I can't wait to see him perform, I hope he enjoys it as much as I have.

No comments: