Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School


photo by Aaron Harmon



"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
-Tom Hanks as Joe Fox in You've Got Mail
I love back to school time. It always feels like the right time to try to do better, to start anew. I loved the energy of being back on campus, where everyone's excited/nervous/dreading the first day. I still love this time of year when the mornings are just a little cool, and you can sense fall all around.
Now that I'm a teacher's wife, it is a little more bittersweet. No more cuddling in bed with no plans at all for the weekday. I think Stinky is adjusting to his dad not being here with him all day, too. Poor little man asked if Dad would be at home when we left the park today.

No comments: