Monday, July 5, 2010

I Made it Monday: Hamburger Cupcakes


When you craft late at night (and with young children, is there any other time to do it?), sometimes you really hate the way the results look before you go to bed, and find yourself really liking them again in the morning. This was definitely the case for these hamburger cupcakes. I made them for WBH's belated birthday barbecue this weekend, but they'd work for almost any summer event. It's a cupcake-brownie sandwich, and WikiHow has a better tutorial than I could come up with. The combination of textures is really yummy. Let me know if you give them a try!
Edit: A few things I did differently than WikiHow: I added a dollop of frosting underneath the brownie to hold it in place, and added the fancy toothpicks- I think it makes them easier to try to eat. If you search online, there are a lot of different variations on this, including sugar cookie fries on the side, adding real sesame seeds on top, etc. Once you get the components prepped, the assembly goes pretty fast.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They where awesome.

S said...

Confession- I made these yesterday for a 4th of July party and they were a hit. Don't worry, my "awesome, super creative friend" got all the credit! ;)

Tina said...

What a cute idea!

Tina said...

What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

I am having some adequacy-anxiety looking at your super craftiness. They are awesome. Go, Rachael!