Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween : Phineas and Ferb Costumes

We had pretty big plans for this Halloween. Then, you know, I went and had a baby and reality set in. Wanting to keep a family theme, but also keep it frugal and fast, we decided to go as the Flynn-Fletcher family from Phineas and Ferb, one of Stinky's favorite shows.



For comparison:




We considered spraying the boys' hair, but with the cold and damp weather here, hats were a better way to go. All in all, we spent under $25 for the costumes. I had to paint Stinky's shirt. Who'd have thought it would have been so hard to find an orange striped shirt? Rotten's pants were made from a 99 -cent thrift store tee, and I only had to but half a yard of orange fleece for his hat and buttons for my earrings. Everything else we had on hand. Not as big or bold as last year's Shrek costumes, but I wasn't going to stay up all night sewing when I'm already up several times a night. Stinky's already putting in requests for next year- and they're quite a bit more involved.
Happy Halloween, everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the costumes. Happy Halloween.

Elizabeth said...

Fun costumes!

balloongal said...

At least Stinky's giving you advanced notice about next year, and Rotten will be much older.

balloongal said...

Where's Candace?