Friday, October 8, 2010

Cookie Friday: Clov-er Doodles

Snickerdoodles are awesome, I don't know too many people who don't like them. Stinky reacts a little to cinnamon, though, so we have to improvise. For these, I used cloves and ginger (making the clov-er). You don't get the crackling cinnamon exterior, but using the cloves makes them look a little freckled. This particular dough makes a super cake-like cookie. Hope you enjoy, and have a great weekend!

2 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking poweder
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

sugar/spice coating:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
Mix dough and chill for at least two hours, but overnight is best. Roll in sugar-spice mixture and space evenly on the cookie sheet. Press to 1/2-inch thickness with a glass. Bake at 375 until cookies are a golden brown.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy. They look so good.
And I LOVE you header.

Becky Home-ecky said...

I stopped eating dessert 2 months ago and I lost 8 pounds!

But your Cookie Fridays are testing my resolve. You're killing me Rae!

Especially those peanut butter cookies from last week----I loooove peanut butter cookies.

I may have just drooled on the screen.

Anonymous said...

Love me some snickerdoodles.. cept when I eat a dozen and don't realize it til it's too late.... heheh.. Hugs. Tammy