Monday, August 27, 2012

I Made it Monday: Our Primary Colors Quilt



Our home was in the process of being made into a duplex before we bought it, and then someone changed their mind, leaving the home with random doors through out.  We intend to keep two of them, and the others will eventually be replaced with windows.  In the meantime, this door gets a little drafty and isn't exactly cute.  WBH asked me a while ago if I could make a quilt to hang over it.  With the best of intentions, I ordered some nice fabric, and sewed up a top.  Then I let that top sit for more than a year, unquilted.  I bought batting and fabric to finish it... last October.

So this summer, itching to sew, but not clothing, and without budget, I put the pieces together (it took me a whopping three nights.  Silly procrastinator).  WBH took down an unused curtain rod, I sloppily basted a sleeve onto the back for it, and Voila!  Hidden door.  Yes, it's very bright, but being in a climate that favors overcast skies, coming home to a cheery color scheme is something I really appreciate.   Now I'm on to a few paper projects, and a scrappy nine-patch quilt.   What are you working on this week?  

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I love that quilt.

And that pig.

I am in craft purgatory since all my stuff is in storage-- definitely crafting vicariously through your blog ;)

James and Elizabeth said...

I must say that is the most beautiful quilt I have seen. No surprise there. You are make the coolest things. I'm thinking I'm ready to have a "made it monday" project soon.