Friday, August 3, 2012

InstaFriday: Before and After


Both shots from last night's show prep.  I've loved being a part of a movie music revue this summer, getting to share the experience with Stinky again.  It's interesting to see how much he's grown from the last time we did this, 9 months ago.  In a lot of ways, he's a very different kid, proving to me that just maybe he's ready for kindergarten.  We've been able to spend time with friends from the past and make new ones.  Aidan is in a kids group that sings The Rainbow Connection, and I sing in a duet of Young at Heart, as well as the full cast numbers. It  has challenged and pushed me because the story we're telling with this song is different that then the, ahem, trampier roles I've often enjoyed, and also, dancing.  How I wish I was a better dancer.  Fortunately, I have a partner who has been very patient.  The production ends this weekend, and I will miss performing in it, and the time with friends, but I think everyone is probably ready to bring it to an end as well.  So many people put way more hours into these productions that allow me to rehearse but not spend every evening away from my kids, and should they make their way here, I hope you know how grateful I am for all the work you do.  It's so nice to be able to step back into something I loved before I was a Mom, without having to spend all my time away from home.  It's a good recharge.

Chances are if you're here, you are a facebook friend, too. I've posted info about the show there- you should come check it out while you can.  Get uplifted, have a laugh, come see the talented people I've been working with since May.  We have a good time, and I think you will, too.

life rearranged

No comments: