- Siesta: I'm not just saying this for the yummy mexican food in my belly right now (thanks, Mom and Dad T!). Stinky has taken to napping mid day and I try to use the time to rest or get things done without an unhappy overheated child underfoot. Yes, sometimes he's up until midnight, but it's cooler then and we're all happier about it.
- Put a crab in water: We have a big bathtub in the new place. At least, bigger than the almost non-existant tub in the rental. Cool baths seem to soothe a savage beast, no matter the age. Ditto the kiddie pool- it's not just for kiddies during a heat wave.
- The Mall: It's not my favorite place to be, but it's air conditioned and has a playground. We ride escalators, I knit while Stinky plays, and we finish up the trip with McDonald's fifty-cent cones. Everyone wins!
- See the Sea: Find your local body of water. Even if you can't get in, it's bound to feel better there. Throw someone in if you can- you'll feel better, I promise.
- Finally, we're all trying to give eachother our space and be patient. It's hard not to get hard-headed in this weather. Take a break, take a breath, and stick your head in the freezer for a while.
Good luck to anyone else enduring this!