Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thin Thursday: a change

Somehow, somewhere, sometime, something's got to give.

There's a lot going on in our life right now, and Clyde's injury this week pushed things over the edge. I'll be cancelling weightwatchers. It's not a choice I'm thrilled about, though there is that moment of "AWESOME! Let's get KFC!" No, I'd love to be doing it and doing it successfully.

However, we just signed the documents finalizing the purchase of a home, which will require work and time, and money. Incidentally, our mortgage payment goes up in almost the exact amount I'd be paying for Weight Watchers. We also have this wonderful dog who will likely need surgery on one if not both of his knees in the long run, and that won't come cheap. Nor will the doctor's bills we may incur when we try for another child, if my body needs the assistance Finally, I wasn't being successful on it. I would weigh in, then sit in the meetings, silently berating myself.

I'm not giving myself permission to eat unhealthfully, or to let myself go. I will continue to make healthy changes. I just can't commit the money or emotions to that program right now. I have more thoughts on this, but I'll get to those later. I hope your Thursday is going well.

1 comment:

M said...

Hey, for what it's worth, you should check out this book from the library. It's called the Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by Dr. Sears. It's quick, readable and he essentially gives you a list of things to do or not do to be a healthy family. It's easier than counting points for me--I cleaned out and restocked my pantry when we moved and I exercise when I can, but because I don't stock stuff that's really unhealthy, I can't eat it and that makes a HUGE difference. I'm still losing, slower than I would like, but it's better than gaining or stagnation.

Good luck with the new digs! You're going to post pictures, right?