Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cookie Friday: Saucepan Brownies

I started cookie friday a few years ago as a way of celebrating the weekend finally arriving. I fell out of the habit, but I'm tryin to restart the tradition. These are some of my favorites.
I really need to work on my food photos. blah!


Saucepan Brownies


2/3 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
a pinch salt
1/2 c. sugar
2Tbs margarine or butter
2 Tbs water
1 bag of chocolate chips (the cheap imitation stuff seems to work the best here, surprisingly)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract (try others. Almond is awesome).
Other brownie fixin's, as desired.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, soda , and salt in a small bowl. Mix eggs and vanilla in separate small bowl. Melt butter, sugar, water and half of the chocolate chips in sauce pan over low heat until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add remaining chocolate chips, flour mixture, egg mixture and any fixin's you like. Bake in a greased pan for 40 minutes, or until the brownies start to pull away from the edges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

made these friday night! I only had half a bag of choc chips and half a bag of butterscotch chips, might I say... I outdid myself!

They turned out pretty fluffy, more like cake brownies, but I may have passed the hand with the soda!

balloongal said...

I LOVE BROWNIES!
I never thought of using a different extract besides vanilla. I'm going to have to try that in my brownies sometime.