Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dreaming


Taken last week during a surprise visit from spring. Does anything beat throwing rocks into the water?

Today, I'm dreaming of summer. We've had some unusually warm weather. WBH painted, Stinky and I planted the garden. We spent time outside. Then it snowed yesterday. Welcome to western Washington, I know. My mind is stuck in spring, though, and dreaming of summer. I'm dreaming of farmer's markets, beach days, and picking my dad's strawberries. Of two months of WBH being home with us, walks to the spray park, and dirty little boy feet from playing in the yard. Of not being cold, finally.

Dear Spring: I love these peeks of good things to come that you provide, but this year? How about if you take this year off? Let's skip to June.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm with you. I love summer time. Thanks for the note about tomorrow; we are very excited!
We went hiking at Snowqualmie Falls.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I second that emotion.