Sunday, April 11, 2010

We Made It Monday: Blue Edition


We learned last Tuesday that, with a profile nearly identical to Stinky's, and the same willingness to wiggle their tiny buttcheeks and private parts at the ultrasound technician, the baby due to join our family is most definitely named Colin, and not Anna. "Oh yeah," said the technician, "He's not shy about those at all!"

I was shocked at first because I'd been sure that we were having a girl. Then the word "brothers" came to my mind, and my eyes welled up. We're thrilled.

Colin, I'm sorry I've thought you were a girl for the last few months. Thank you and your Y chromosome for saving us some money on baby clothes. Your big brother can't wait to play with you, even if he is accidentally calling you Gollum at the moment. That's our fault for introducing the Lord of the Rings movies at the same time we told him who you were. We can't wait to meet you, kid. We're going to have a blast.

5 comments:

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Yay for brothers,I love mine. Little Colin looks like he is giving you a kiss in the picture. You know Gollum isn't so bad a name :)

Desirae Pitt said...

congrats!!! im so excited for your family! hey at least you guys didnt call your daughter cletus the fetus like some bad parents i know!! :P

Melissa said...

Yay! Congrats again! And what a cute little profile!

Brown Family said...

I also thought Zachary was a girl (until birth -- oops on the ultrasound!), but since then I have LOVED having my boys play together. We often talk about Joseph and Hyrum Smith and what good brothers they were and how they were brothers just like my boys were. They love hearing that and so far LOVE having each other. I hope your little guys are the same. :)

(By the way, this is Denise ...)

balloongal said...

Gollum. Ha Ha Ha Ha.