Monday, April 26, 2010

Making it Monday: Growing Things


Thanks to everyone for the supportive response last week. I sometimes wonder why I write here, and then I remember: I think the blogging makes me feel more normal.

This week, our family is preparing for what will need to be a quick out of state trip for a funeral, when the time comes. I'm running around like one of the unwise virgins, trying for the life of me to find oil in time. That's me trying to make being up to my eyeballs in laundry and housework sound more poetic than it is. My posts this week will have to be kept short, to keep me on track.

That said, I'm excited to share that I'm going to be making dinner, a crust-less quiche, with our first spinach harvest of the season, and it looked so pretty in my overcast kitchen lighting that I had to share. Spinach has been the easiest thing to grow, hands down. I think it would probably do pretty well in a pot, if you were doing container gardening, too.

Now, if anyone has any suggestions for getting rid of garden gnats, we would appreciate them. Our vinegar/sugar/water jug has only taken care of about half of the problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
balloongal said...

It's nice to know that spinach grows so well. I used to hate spinach, but I can handle it a little better now. I'll keep that in mind for when we have an area we can plant a little garden again.