Thursday, January 15, 2009

Facebook Mentality


Do you find, with the rise of Facebook and Twitter, that you will analyze your feelings in tweets and statuses? I think in Facebook status!

For example, as I woke up this morning, there was "Rae thinks giving up caffeine was a really bad idea," and "Rae doesn't know what hurts more- the bruises on her butt and hips, or the sore muscles underneath."This afternoon, at Costco "Rae thinks the guy behind her in line is a total dillhole." Then, after finally getting some Mountain Dew (a little overloaded on the Dr. Pepper lately). "Rae says 'aahhhh, that's better.'"
I don't think this is a bad thing. I think with all the things I need to do in one day, to check in on my personal status by putting my feelings in a one-sentence format, then moving on, is probably a very healthy thing. So, thank you, Facebook. You're my new therapy.
Rae is going to go finish watching General Hospital before cleaning the house. Don't judge her.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That's hilarious - and too true!

Elizabeth said...

Elizabeth thinks in the third person as well for her facebook status. LOL