Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thin Thursday: The Return

I gained and gained for two weeks, and that's not something you want to post for the whole wide world to see. So I didn't, but here it is. I gained 3 pounds. Then I almost cried, but didn't. Instead, I sat, and pouted through the meeting. Then I started tracking again. Why do I let myself off the hook for tracking? I gain everytime I start slacking.

So this week, I lost 2.4 pounds. There were two days I didn't track at all, so I could have done better, honestly. I said to myself that I wanted those three pounds gone by today. I didn't quite make it, but I will gladly take 2.4 lost pounds.

I have a little over 3 weeks until my brother's wedding. I would really love to reach a certain number by then (stop bring nosey, I won't tell you), but it's 6.8 pounds away. I think I can do that. That's only 5 ounces a day or so, or two and a quarter pounds each week- a healthy and reasonable goal. It would also mean I'd lost almost 14 pounds, and that is something I'd be proud to say.

This week:
  • I will track, track, trackety-track every little thing.
  • I will earn 20 activity points (this may sound like a lot, but I just calculated that one practice conservatively estimated at 90 minutes could earn me 11 points)
  • I will drink the reccommended amounts of water each day and limit the Diet Dr. Peppers to 1-2. Yes, it's been more than that, lately.

It's going to be a good week, and next Thursday, I'm going to hit 5% lost.

2 comments:

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

You go girl, I am proud to see that you are sticking with it even after a bad weigh in!

You can do it!

Unknown said...

I'll be joining the Thin Thursday bandwagon soon- do you enjoy the meetings more then online? I'm so busy that I wonder if the online one might be better for me annnnd I've used it before.

ANYWAY. Congrats. I love your face off :D