Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Inspiration: Father's Day Edition.

WBH and Stinky on Take Your Child to Work Day

"Let us not live a life . . . that would bring regret. . . . It is not going to matter very much how much money you made, what kind of a house you lived in, what kind of a car you drove, the size of your bank account--any of those things. What is going to matter is that dear woman who has walked with you side by side as your companion through all of the years of life and those children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren and their faithfulness and their looking to you . . . with respect and love and deference and kindness. . . . "The only things you will take with you, when all is said and done, are your family relationships. . . . God bless us to be good fathers, . . . good parents, and good husbands to our good wives."

Gordon B. Hinckley

******************************************************

I'm blessed beyond my own belief to be married to a man who knows this. Love you, WBH! Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

theballoonguy said...

Yeah, I've got to admit, he turned out alright in the end.

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, Rae. I love it when people leave comments so I can check out their blogs too! I've loved what I've read so far ... so fun! Thanks for the feature too. I'll be sure to visit back.
- Jen