Monday, August 15, 2011

this summer


This is Stinky with his Aunt Mimi at the lake today. Naturally, on the day I forgot to grab the camera, but I like the almost impressionist look I captured on the phone. That and the life jacket strap that's giving Stinky a wedgie.

This summer has been a disappointing one. Having WBH home is always awesome, but so many things have fallen through, that it's been tricky to maintain a good attitude. That's why the blog has been a little neglected- why share the grump? Now there's only three weeks left of the summer, and I find myself sulking at the thought that he's going back to work, yet looking forward to a new season, and the chance to get back to routine. I'm trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps, remember the fun things, and try to make the most of what's left of summer.

As part of my pull-out-your-head-and-fight-the-slump attempt, I'm participating in the 21 Day Challenge at Freckles in April- I dressed to match my attitude, which is to say I looked like garbage unless I was going to church. I'll post my first outfit later today, or tomorrow, as Stinky's not so great with a camera phone, WBH is helping my dad refinish floors, and Rotten would rather eat the phone. You can learn more about it here:


21 Day Challenge

No comments: