Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Stinky


Dear Stinky, 

Now you are five.  It's a number that might be small, but has a lot about it that is just so big.  That bigness suits you, though, as if your age was finally starting to match the huge personality you were born with.  Your creativity this year has exploded, and we are constantly gifted with projects and works of art, as though you can't contain everything you have inside of you.  You are generous and loving, and such a good big brother. I marvel at your memory- how sharp and clear it is.  Sometimes we won't understand what you're talking about, but with further discussion, we see that it's just something we've forgotten, 

You are the boy who taught me that the saying is true, to be a mother is to allow your heart to walk around outside of your chest.  This year has proven that more than ever, as with your growing independence my heart walks just a little farther away than it has before.  I love the snuggles, hugs and kisses that you give so willingly, and I love watching you learn so quickly.  We love you so much, Stinky boy, and I am so, so proud of you, 

Love,  Mom. 



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to Stinky! I can't believe he is 5 already. What a sweet post to read. Keep the art projects coming!