Thursday, May 24, 2012

100 words or less: Pat the Checker






My favorite grocery checker is a pleasant woman who sings upbeat gospel songs as she scans my groceries.  She laughs at my boys' antics, and her demeanor can end even the most hectic trip on a positive note.  I’m grateful when I find her working on a day I’m shopping.  I worked customer service, but never that well. Today, as I wished her a good weekend and left, I heard her say “Lord, I thank You for a sunny day, and a sunny customer.”   

It’s made me smile since.  I guess it’s just nice to return the favor. 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh that is so sweet. I worked enough retail to know that it's hard being nice all day and not everyone that you work with is kind either. She sounds so pleasant. Goes to show that it doesn't take much to brighten someone's day.

James and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely lady.

balloongal said...

It's so great that it can be nice for both of you.