Monday, December 1, 2008

Made it!

I'm glad the picture isn't very detailed, because, frankly, it's not very good. However, this doll quilt was a great learning experience for me.

First, learned how to do binding. With the exception of joining the ends together, it was much easier than I thought it would be. Second, change the top thread to white when machine-sewing the quilting. It will look much better (probably a duh, but this is my first quilt since making one for a church project 10 years ago or so). Third, handpiecing is nice that it's portable, but having a sewing machine now (HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY ME! WBH ROCKS!) made it speed along so much faster that I probably won't do it very often. Finally, I love the look of sewing it up before washing, then washing and drying the completed project. The wrinkliness really is as lovely as other bloggers said it would be.

I have no clue what to do with it now- much of it's pulled apart in the wash (another reason hand piecing probably won't happen often).

No comments: