Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top books in 2008

I set a goal with a friend at the beginning of last year to read 25 books, not including children's books. I made it to 32 today. Out of all of these, many were fluff, some were lousy, and at least one was just plain terrible. I'll let those go, and hope that someday I'll forget that one. On a brighter note, the following are my favorites from this year:

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Namsake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Martian Child by David Gerrold
Left to Tell by Imacculee Ilibagiza
Walking in Circles before Lying Down by Merrill Markoe
Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule
Escape by Carolyn Jessup
Marley and Me by John Grogan
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
The Gentle Art of Domesticity by Jane Brocket

What did you read this year that makes your 'favorites' list?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a great YA book just yesterday, and it has made my favorites list for this year: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson.

I'll have to check some of yours out; I've heard of a couple of them but haven't read any.

Wendy

M said...

The Asher Lev books by Chaim Potok!

And I taught the Namesake twice and loved it every time. It's an awesome book, so rich and layered...I could teach it again and not be the least bit bored with it.