Wednesday, August 12, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

We are home, and I'm glad to be back. I've written and rewritten this post, trying to be positive, narrative, expressive, and it's not easy.

The trip was hard. We came home to more hard stuff. It's not terribly ugly, and our family is and will be fine. It's just stuff that we have to ride out. Everything is fine, but it's not easy.

We learned that you don't trust a hotel just for the name of it. That when you pack more food than you think you need, you still probably need more. That Stinky loves zucchini muffins.

Just before we left I saw a news piece on a family who had been homeless but a motel opened up a room for them to stay in until they got on their feet again. All five of them. I am so grateful we have a home and don't have to live in a single hotel room, even with just the three of us.

The good was that we hit the pool a lot, and I got lots of embroidering in, which translates into most of two tea-towels, and I look forward to starting "I Made it Monday" up again. Will write more tomorrow- I've got a recipe for you, Stinky's new fave.

No comments: