Monday, September 7, 2009

House Update: Living Room

Here's the before:

The laminate was poorly laid, WBH pulled it up and we sold it. When we get the first-time buyer bonus, we plan to lay bamboo flooring.
This monster of a sectional is wonderful. It has a pull-out section and underneath blanket storage. The pull out works as a bed, but is also nice for movie nights, and the way it's engineered makes it super easy.
We also added curtains. The door behind the couch will eventually be replaced with a window. The house has a total of four doors down stairs. It's pretty silly,and we're not sure why. Also worth noting: The paint is new, the crown molding, which I LOVE, and the lighting fixture, whic was brass, but a little Krylon fixed that.
This entertainment center is a Craigslist find, and was free. We love it. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do on the top of it. We have a plant and a candle so far.

Here's the entryway table. It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out what to do here, but I'm pretty happy with the result!
That's all for now; WBH has worked his tail off to get us this far. We're trying to be smart and work slowly, not going further into debt to finish it. That's not easy. There are so many things to be done and that we'd love to do, but for now, we're taking it slowly.



7 comments:

Desirae Pitt said...

awesome! lookin good! you are lucky to have a handy manny for a hubby!

Melissa said...

It looks great! I can't believe you got that TV stand for free!

Tina said...

I love it! What a beautiful room! I too love your crown molding. And I think you will LOVE the bamboo. My parents put it in their house last year and Love it. Great job on the craigslist find. Everyonce in a while you can really hit a jackpot - we did the other day with a crib and other things - what a great thing craigslist is. It truly captures the phrase "One man's junk is another man's treasure".

Elizabeth said...

Things are looking good! Congrats on the new home! I'm excited to see more.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Lookin' good!

Hey can I give you a call? I was wondering if you would be willing and or available to give a talk to the Soundview Young Womens group on Virtue. I thought you could talk about the Miss Auburn pagent and how you won and stayed true to your values... we are having a P.P party on the 30th and will be focusing on the new value. Whatcha think?

My number is 428-0096 (still :)

Becky Home-ecky said...

4 downstairs doors = 4 easy exits when the cops show up. I'm just saying, I know the neighborhood you're in. =)

Anonymous said...

Nice! It feels so good when you get things the way you like them. Like home.