Monday, September 21, 2009

I Made it Monday: Apron of the Month!

I love aprons. They're just fun. I like them so much, in fact, I've decided to do a new one each month. It's a little indulgent, I know, but Aprons are wonderful, and a good way to learn a new sewing skill.

Please excuse the cell phone pic -my camera needs batteries! The throw pillow was especially excited to model this one for you!

September's apron, for example, required doing a box pleat- not something I'd done before and was a little intimidated by. Slowly following the tutorial, though, this was easy as pie! I think the only thing I'd change would be to add a few inches to the sides. I like a little more coverage than what this one offers.
Fabric from JoAnn, and a PDF of the tutorial can be found HERE.

2 comments:

Kari said...

super cute! I only own one functional apron and it's a christmas one. I keep thinking I should try out making one. Where do go to find tutorials? I'm wanting to make some roman shades for my girls rooms.

Tina said...

That is SO cute! I should make an apron one of these days. You've inspired me. I actually only have one really cheap one from the dollar store or something and its white. But I'm sure my attempt will look nothing like yours.