Monday, September 14, 2009

Making it Monday?

I have supplies and patterns for our Halloween Costumes, which will be amazing. WBH will be Shrek, I will be Fiona, and Stinky will be Lord Farquaad. I have a decoupage-y witch hat that is going to be cute, but I've been looking at it too long to think that it is currently cute. I have three quilts in progress, and am gathering interesting scraps for a third (I-spy) for Stinky's Christmas. I have fabric for a backpack for Stinky. Like an idiot, I even started a small knitting project the other night when I couldn't sleep, but nothing is done.

WBH is remodelling our kitchen. When we bought the home, we knew that would have to be one of the first priorities. It is directly in the center of our home, and a project so huge becomes a deterrent to working on another. Often the best thing I can do is to take Stinky out of he house, and so I do. Thus, I'm mid-project many times over.

Also this week, I'm watching the two year-old daughter of one of WBH's coworkers, then next week Stinky is starting a one-day-a-week preschool. Both prospects strike a little fear in my heart.

I suppose the biggest news around here is that I'm not doing roller derby. The pain has started to lessen, but worsens with physical activity, and is just plain unpredictable. I felt that the best decision, a lot of thought and prayer included, was to resign (retire?) rather than be completely unreliable. It was a decision that came with frustration and tears, and I'm still quite sad when I think about it, so I try not to.

Moving on, I'm signed up for a cake decorating class next month, as if losing my one form of exercise wasn't enough to make me gain weight. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it very much. Not so sure my will power is looking forward to those weekly trips to JoAnn. I need to carry that list of incomplete projects with me, I think, when I go, to act as stash-repellent.

4 comments:

Tina said...

You are a busy busy girl! But I can't wait to see all of your finished projects when you do! Good luck on your kitchen, and I am so sorry about the roller derby deal - I know it was quite the adventure for you, but knowing you, you will be able to find the next best thing for you! Take care.

Dianna said...

Wow! I wish we could remodel our kitchen, but I bet it's definitely an inconvenience. Good luck with the cake class! I've always wanted to take a class on cake decorating but have never made the time for it.

Elizabeth said...

I can identify, I have several projects going and somehow I keep adding to them like I'm not at school all the time or something! Sorry about rollerderby, maybe in the future you can pick it back up. I can identify with illness getting in the way of life. I'm with you with the whole sweatpants thing! Things will settle down with the kitchen and get back to normal soon. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Jo Anne's is a dangerous place! I went to get ONE bottle of paint and came back with three, a new cake decorating bag and a little Halloween art project for the kids and I. That was good, though, I was clenching the cart handle all the way past all the fallish decorations to keep myself from picking them up.
It's so neat all the homemade gifts you make; you're one talented lady!