Thursday, February 24, 2011

Iron Craft: Hometown

hometown challenge

I'm always a little late on the Iron Craft challenges - sometimes inspiration just takes a little longer to come, and finding or making the time to accomplish them can be as challenging. This week's challenge was a something hometown inspired. My family has lived a lot of places, and we have family across the country This map pillow is freezer-paper stencilled, and each heart is in a state where we have siblings and grandparents living- all locations are approximate and probably not at all accurate, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

Oh, and I was profiled over there this week, too!

4 comments:

Chiconky said...

That's adorable! I may have to "borrow" your idea. We have a map in the kitchen with stickers on every city we've lived, but I like the idea of the pillow, and it's more subtle/stylish than smiley face stickers. I've also been thinking about your family hands pillow. This might get out of hand :)

Heather said...

You know, Rachael, I stalk your blog all of the time and don't comment nearly as often as I should...but this time I took the time to let you know HOW COOL I THINK THIS IS. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I like it very much. And I'll have to go by and check out your profile--very cool!

Elizabeth said...

Really cute pillow- might have to steal this idea.