Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cookie Friday: Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting


I made these for some of my husband's students last week.  I wished I hadn't sent so many away! 


  • Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting 

  • 1 stick butter or margarine 
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla 
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1tsp.  baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Adapted from a Family Circle recipe.  

 Preheat at 375. Line baking sheets with foil.  Blend the  first five ingredients.  Mix remaining four ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to mixer by the spoonful.   With a melon baller, drop cookies onto cookie sheets with lots of space and bake until just cooked through (about 7-8 minutes.  I tap the center very lightly with my finger if I'm not sure.)  Allow to cool completely. 

Frosting: 

2 Tbs. butter or margarine. 
1 package cream cheese
powdered sugar (1 to 1 1/2 cups) 
food coloring (optional) 

Blend first two ingredients, then add powdered sugar to desired consistency (thick is better than thin, I think.  Otherwise, the cookies can slide).    Frost the bottom of a cooled cookie, then top with a second cookie.  Repeat until all cookies are paired.  

Let me know if you give them a try.  I loved them! 


Shared at skiptomylou.org

    No comments: