Monday, October 24, 2011

I Made It Monday: Sock it To Ya


Dudes.  I knit a sock. 

It's just one, and it's not very good, but I broke through the 'socks are too complicated for me' mindset, and powered through, and I knit my very first sock.  Oh yeah, I did.  I found episodes of a show I love online, and as I knit, and thought 'just one more episode!'  it got later and later.   Suddenly it was 3:30am, I was out of new episodes, and I had shaped a heel.  I finished this morning.  

I won't be using it for anything but slippers, but I'm glad I decided to give it a try.  I used Silver's Sock Class, and that spelled it out really clearly.  It's a great place to start.  Now to let my hands rest, and tackle the other.  



1 comment:

M said...

Dude! I learned to KNIT on socks! They're not hard! They're fun, and the perfect travel project because they're small!

I'm so happy you're on this bandwagon, it's a lovely place to be!