Thursday, October 23, 2008

World's Best Husband

There are so many amazing things about the man I married. He's an incredible father. Even when he's exhausted (and with the hours he's putting in, this is most of the time), he still musters up the energy to play with Stinky. He encourages me to go after the things I want with more tenacity than I have. He is so supportive of the people and things he cares about. He's enthusiastically involved in his job. He helps at home, even when he's tired. He makes me beautiful jewelry. He's so creative and fun to be married to.

If I had to choose a way to describe just how I feel about him, though, it's always been beautifully summed up by Dory in Finding Nemo:

"No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave... if you leave... I just, I remember things better with you. I do, look. P. Sherman, forty-two... forty-two... I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And-and I look at you, and I... and I'm home."

WBH, you really are the best. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is so sweet and well said!