Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Overheard at our house: Prayers

Stinky is learning to pray. He's beginning to understand that we pray for the things we hope for. One morning, as we finished famiyl prayer, I told him we couldn't watch the Wiggles, because we were leaving. He quickly folded his arms and whispered "wiggles." I grabbed a DVD and he watched it at Grandma's that morning.

As we were saying prayers tonight, we had this exchange.

me: bless daddy to come home safely...
Stinky: safely...
me: please bless Aidan...
Stinky: Get french fries...

Not so lucky this time, pally-boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute. One of my favorite prayers from my kids was "Please bless Cheetos to become a healthy food."

Wendy

Oh, and I went to that grocery store today (after driving around Tacoma lost for about 20 minutes). They had some good deals. They also had an indoor store cat--not so sure they can factually call it a "health" store, but at least it was cheap. (Is factually a word? Or should I just say actually? Whatever.)

Kimbooly said...

That's a good one. Too cute!