Monday, May 24, 2010

I Made It Monday: Birthday Apron for Mom

There are a lot of great things about my mom. One of my favorites is that, even as I inch toward 30, when I make her something, she still says "Wow, it's beautiful!" For her birthday last week, I was really excited about this apron.

I may have mentioned before that I'm really particular about color. I work on it, but I'm really a pill about it. The seashell accent fabric was bought months ago, found in a remnant bin, to use "someday." The main fabric with the sand dollars was purchased separately, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw how beautifully they came together. It's based on this tutorial at DESIgns, but not reversible.


In other news, we've been on vacation, and it was beautiful. I'll write up a post on it soon, but WBH has a post-vacation bug, and I need to play catch-up.
Happy Monday, friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love aprons, and I love vacations!