Monday, October 12, 2009

I Made it Monday: Brownies

WBH has the camera at school today, to show the picture of the awesome (or soon to be awesome) table I found last weekend to the shop teacher. It's lovely, but it's been stripped and needs to be refinished badly. We may outsource it to a shop student looking for a little cash. Supporting our local economy and all...

Back to the point. I make really good brownies. I am not really a big chocolate fan, but I will eat these all day long, given the opportunity. These are much more moist and tasty than what you'll get from a box.

Saucepan Brownies

2/3 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 c. sugar
2Tbs margarine or butter
2 Tbs water
1 bag of chocolate chips (the cheap imitation stuff seems to work the best here, surprisingly)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract (try others. Almond is awesome).
Other brownie fixin's, as desired.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, soda , and salt in a small bowl. Mix eggs and vanilla in separate small bowl. Melt butter, sugar, water and half of the chocolate chips in sauce pan over low heat until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add remaining chocolate chips, flour mixture, egg mixture and any fixin's you like (I like to add sprinkles on the top because everything is better with sprinkles. Bake in a greased pan for 45 minutes, or until the brownies start to pull away from the edges.

Enjoy! This recipe doubles beautifully, by the way. Go ahead, I won't judge you.

Edited to Add: this one has been shared at Life as Mom's weekly ultimate recipe swap!

2 comments:

Tina said...

THose sound SO good! I'll have to remember that recipe for when chocolate and I get along again. The funny part is that I am still not deterred by it, I just know what happens after I eat it!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Brownies YUM! I have to admit though, I have never had a brownie that wasnt't delicious!