Monday, October 26, 2009

I Made it Monday: Sweet Weekend

We're still coming down from the sugar buzz that was this weekend. There were so many different things to learn at decorating class that the instructor suggested we bring cupcakes. The bear was Stinky's request, but the grapes are my favorite. I don't know why they photographed so blue. Fortunately, I took them to church to share and they're no longer in our home.


These bad boys were a big hit with WBH. Stinky mostly wanted the whipped cream we paired them with. Recipe and instructions are at Bakerella. I used a standard muffin tin instead of the mini muffins. The pie filling recipe is incredibly creamy and smooth. The recipe probably makes 2 dozen, but you'd need a third pie crust. I had to throw away some batter because I only have one muffin tin. These are also gone, and I wish I could say it's because we shared.


I hope your weekend was just as sweet! I'm sewing up a storm on our costumes. Can't wait until they're done and I can show you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

Now I want cupcakes for breakfast.

(Of course, I always want cupcakes for breakfast. Now I just want them MORE.)

Wendy

Tami said...

Looks nummy!

balloongal said...

I'm glad you're able to take a cake decorating class.