Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reccomended Reading 2009

I didn't read enough this year, and I'm a little bummed out about that. However, I didn't read anything that I didn't like (unlike last year), so it wasn't easy to choose the best.

Comfort Food - Kate Jacobs I really loved this book. The relationship between the sisters reminds me of the one I have with my sister, E.

A Homemade Life - Molly Wizenberg This one is filled with wonderful recipes and beautiful, touching stories and is by the blogger behind Orangette.

To Hell With All That - Caitlin Flanagan - It's a fun and humor filled memoir on motherhood and how crazy it can make us. A great read.

Made from Scratch - Jenna Wogenrich By the blogger behind Cold Antler Farm, this is a really interesting memoir about how she started her homestead.

Julie and Julia - Julie Powell - This was good, but I feel like I should put a profanity warning in it. If you're f-bomb sensitive, see the movie (it only has one) and skip the book (it might only have one per chapter.) This got me through one of Stinky's stomach flus.

Reading Magic - Mem Fox It should be required reading for any parent. This book is and inspiring, funny, and encouraging read that you could finish in an afternoon.

Coop - Michael Perry Another memoir about homesteading, this one is from a man's point of view. It's honest, and charming

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith It's just too much fun. I have to admit that I'm anti-Darcy (flame away), and I love how many times she tries to kill him in this book. (I don't like Edward Cullen either, while we're discussing stupid romantic heroes.)

BONUS

I haven't finished it yet, and won't likely do that before midnight tomorrow, but I am really enjoying Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben Winters. I'm sure it will be on next year's recommended reading list.

No comments: