Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Recipe: Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

When it comes to boxed macaroni, I'm a bit of a snob. It's Kraft or Annie's, or it won't be eaten. However, when I'm looking for a good, having-a-bad-day-and-don't-care-what-I-eat sort of meal, my crock-pot mac is a great way to go.

You'll need:
2 cups elbow macaroni
4 (yup, four) cups shredded colby jack cheese, divided
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup milk (don't stress going skim here. I mean, you can, but... four cups of cheese. C'mon.)
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the macaroni for 5 minutes, then drain. Grease your crockpot with cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup of cheese and mix the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
Cook on high for 3 hours- remove lid for the last 1/2 hour.

We're topping it off with some bacon tonight, but this is a great side dish to bring for holiday gatherings. Hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds delicious. I'm totally I snob about my boxed mac n cheese too. To me nothing says comfort food like some good macaroni.

Tina said...

Mmmmmm! I'm going to cook this on Sunday!

Elizabeth said...

Mmm, sounds good. I will have to try this. Oh and I am a mac n' cheese snob too! I hated the cheapo brands my mom had us eat when we were kids so I buy Kraft.

Tina said...

So I made this and I think I did something terribly wrong! I can't quite figure out what I did yet, I'm still retracing my steps to see if I forgot something or didn't put enough of something in. My brain hasn't exactly been up to par lately. What is it supposed to look like when it is done?