I get to look at that face forever.)
So, it's my birthday. When I thought about the fact that i'm 28, it hit me that I'm more than twice the age of the girls I teach. Then, I thought about how it's weird to be worrying that I'm twice someone's age, and then I wanted to think about shiny things instead.
I have a tendency to go into a bit of a pre-birthday funk. It's not about aging; you can fight a good fight, but another birthday will find you every 365 days (except for a guy I dated in college whose birthday is on February 29th. He was almost five when we met.) The funk is about expectations I have for myself, if they're reasonable, if they're being met. The nice thing about the funk is that it passes- Looking forward to what the next year brings helps. With that, I give you:
Rae's top ten for 28
- Get more rooms organized and maybe painted so it feels less 'new home' and more 'lived in.'
- Open an Etsy Shop.
- Focus on shopping and eating more locally.
- Do more with this blog
- Become financially proactive rather than reactive.
- Grow our own food in a box garden
- Read three books a month- my reading has really suffered this year.
- Improve my time managements skills.
- Sing More.
- Expand my crafting repertoire- try print making, more cake decorating and improved sewing.