Monday, April 20, 2009

We Made it Monday: Original Art.

Spring has decided to finally make an appearance around here, and it's wonderful. With the new warmth in the air, I am getting ready for spring cleaning. Our living room colors have been browns and reds for sometime, which is lovely in cooler weather. However, pull off the slipcover and sheet, and voila! Blue couch and chair. So, we're going to be doing the room over soon. I decided we needed some new art for the walls.

I hit up a favorite thrift store, and with a half-off deal, got two used canvasses for $1.50. Sorry to "Nora" and the the artist with the illegible signature, your work has lived a full life. I painted over with white acrylic, then set stinky to work. It kept him busy for almost an hour!

Though we did have one mishap:

After they were completely covered with color, I decided to try a stencil technique. It looked like crap.

So, I painted over the canvasses with white again, and we started over.



A few more art sessions with Stinky, and they'll be hung on the living room wall. Maybe I'll just let them be this ever-evolving piece of art that he can paint whenever he feels like. Art is in the eye of the beholder, right?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Art is totally in the eye of the beholder. Art totally doesn't have to be expensive either. I hate it when people think they can take good pics just cause they have a fancy camera...it just doesn't work that way! I'm excited to see the end result!

Kevin said...

Wow, that is an awesome thing to do! So cool.