Monday, December 6, 2010

I Made it (and to be completely honest, I'm a little embarassed by it) Monday

...and these are the least obscene of the bunch.


I want to be an honest blogger. I like to share my crafts here, when I'm proud of them. So I should probably be honest when I'm not.

I was making cupcakes topped with fortune cookie-shaped caramels, to eat while watching Karate Kid. They didn't look too bad at first. Unfortunately, sitting in the kitchen as I made dinner they sort of started to... slump. As the fortune cookies grew more and more misshapen, the began to look more like something you'd find in the adult bakery that used to cause a lot of rubber necking when the bus drove past it on high school choir trips.
So, what's a girl to do?

You laugh at your mistake take a picture for posterity. Then, you take another picture on your cell phone to send to your friend who couldn't make it to movie night. She shows it to her friends during break from rehearsal who do a collective "heh heh."

Then you post it on your blog, cross your fingers thateveryone else finds it as funny as you did, and secretly hope to make it on Cake Wrecks.

3 comments:

Tina said...

So Funny! Sorry about how they turned out, but at least several people got a good chuckle out of it! :O)

Becky Home-ecky said...

You had an ADULT BAKERY in your hometown?!!!

Wow, I don't know, that might explain alot.

Unknown said...

They sure tasted good. Thanks for sharing. This past week I had a craft go terribly wrong. I was wondering if I should share or not, but if you have the courage so do i.