Friday, January 7, 2011

Cookie Friday: Mexican Chocolate Brownie Recipe

I didn't get pictures of these! I'm sorry, but they don't look too different than your typical brownie. Stinky asked to make brownies yesterday, and I'd been contemplating something like this since coming to love Mexican Hot Chocolate. Then he asked to take some to his teacher, and I couldn't deny him that. Anyway, here's my recipe, adapted from one I found on epicurious. Enjoy!

Mexican Chocolate Brownies

1/3 cup butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 pan. Melt butter in sauce pan on low, then add chocolate chips. As chocolate melts, mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Crack and wisk eggs in a separate bowl. Wisk in melted chocolate to dry ingredients and then wisk in eggs. Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a piece of spaghetti poked into the middle comes out clean.

Allow to cool, and enjoy! Let me know if you try them!

No comments: