Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday #2

I really liked the motivation that doing this one gave me last week to not wear sweatpants all the time, so I think I'll keep trying this WIWW out. Let's start with the bad:

Church this week. Right as we needed to leave, WBH pointed out that my new shirt was a little low for church if I'd be standing around anything but children and munchkins (one of the benefits of marrying a tall man...). So this completely unflattering ensemble was reminiscent of Nanny from The Muppet Babies. Lesson learned, ladies- have your husband check out your chest before the moment you're walking out the door.

Cardigan: thrifted
Shirt: thrifted
skirt: Marshalls
Shoes: hand-me-downs from little sister (does that make them hand-me-ups?) wore these because the parking lot has been icy. weather, please heat up so the heels can come back, please.

It gets a little better (hey look, she colored her hair and it makes her look less tired...)

grateful I wore slacks at a wedding reception, where I had to chase Stinky.
top: eddie bauer
tank: costco
slacks: limited, thrifted
booties: thrifted
necklace, bracelet: made by me
hey, waist, remember when I had you? Maybe you can make a comeback this year?

New Year's Eve with Family
Top: Target
Tank: Costco
Jeans: Volde-mart
Scarf : made by me

This may have been Christmas Day. I remember because it's the first day I'd seen my sister in a while- she works at the mall.
Tank: Hand-Me-Down
Sweater: Thrifted, Target
Jeans: Thrifted, Eddie Bauer
Booties: Thrifted
Pin: Made by Me
Well, now I'm inspired to do better next time! Hope you're having a great week!

6 comments:

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

all are cute. I should have you come over and help outfit me. I do live in sweats or jeans and t-shirts everyday.

Anonymous said...

Cute outfits!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment.

Jenny J said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love the scarf you made!!

Monica said...

I love the last 2 outfits. SO CUTE!

Elizabeth said...

Loved the reference to Muppet Babies! You look cute ;)