Friday, January 21, 2011

Cookie Friday: Oatmeal Raisin (with pudding!) Cookies

(picture coming later)

As I write this, I've just eaten a warm cookie. I can barely type, it's so yummy. Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite, and these just take the cake. The pudding adds a great vanilla flavor, and keeps them moist and chewy. Enjoy!

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 3.5 oz package of vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs. Mix in pudding. Hold Raisins aside and mix dry ingredients until a thick dough has formed. Mix in raisins by hand. Drop by 2-in balls on to sprayed cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Let me know if you give them a try, or if you've got other suggestions for spices. I'm going to try to hold back on eating another cookie or ten.

No comments: